OEM Bluetooth _and_ IPOD interface on a RD4 N1?

English-speaking 207 fans are welcome in our forums !

Modérateur: Team Féline 207

OEM Bluetooth _and_ IPOD interface on a RD4 N1?

Messagepar Jesper Dalsgaard » 28 Novembre 2006, 18:04

Peugeot DK has messed up and ordered my 207 with the RD4. I was planning on fitting a radio/navi unit with build-in Bluetooth (already bought it :(), but this has just gotten a lot more difficult, since the car now doesn´t have the controls by the display, to configure the On Board Computer. I am therefore thinking about keeping the RD4, but I won´t be without MP3 and Bluetooth. Navi, I _can_ live without. There is always the possibility of using a stand alone unit.

Is it possible to fit both OEM Bluetooth and an IPOD interface on the RD4 N1? Or do they both use the same AUX connection? I believe the IPOD interface is connected as a cd-changer.

Please help, as I have to find out what to do about it before having the car delivered this friday. :unsure:
1,6 HDI 110 Sport.
Jesper Dalsgaard
Petit Félin

Messagepar axl » 29 Novembre 2006, 01:18

the RD4 N1 only has one AUX.

so in way i think it would be cheaper to to take the RD4 and install you aftermarket unit.

for the control of the display you can install a remote control unit, since this is not a official option in the 207 you have to make your own mounting frame. and order the remote unit from like the CAN 307.
i dont think your dealer would perform this mod since its not supported by peugeot.

the price of the remote unit will be total around 60 euro (CAN 307). so comparing with the costs of the retroffting the OEM bluetooth (around 350 ex labour) its much cheaper.

hehe if you cant find no1 to do it for you; drive to holland and i ll help you :)

axl
axl
Nouveau

Messagepar Jesper Dalsgaard » 29 Novembre 2006, 01:40

Thank you for the answer.

Does the Ipod Interface use the AUX? Is there not a different connection for the changer?

It is this Ipod interface i am thinking of http://www.ipodyourcar.dk/icelink/iConn ... lg=Peugeot

Sorry to give you a Danish link, but it is the only place I have found it. With this interface the Ipod can be controlled from the RD4 as if it was a cd-changer.

I am not to keen on going for the 307 remote panel solution, as I know Peugeot are very fast at denying all waranty responsebilities if unauthorized work has been done. And this is rather obvious.

Holland isn´t that far, so don´t say something you could regret... ;)
1,6 HDI 110 Sport.
Jesper Dalsgaard
Petit Félin

Messagepar axl » 29 Novembre 2006, 02:03

according to the dutch icelink website the unit uses the AUX of the RD4 so you ll loose the option to install the bluetooth unit.

btw i think it would be more of a problem to peugeot to retrofitt the OEM bluetooth unit, since that run over the multiplex, then installing the remote unit, because that is all hard wire.
but its true peugeot always try to find any excuse to get out of any warranty claims.

and its peugeot fault right? why dont you have them look for a solution..

heheh you are always welcome here in holland :)

axl
axl
Nouveau

Messagepar Jesper Dalsgaard » 29 Novembre 2006, 02:42

axl a écrit:and its peugeot fault right? why dont you have them look for a solution..

Because I want to make sure I get the best possible solution. :)

The Interface i speak of, is somewhat different from the Dension Icelink. The Icelink is not much more than an adapter so that you can plug the Ipod into the AUX of the RD4. The Interface from Connects2 should make it possible to control the Ipod, from the RD4.

Here is what is says on the Danish webpage:

Connects2 Plug&Play iPod interface, der tilsluttes direkte til bilens originale radio via CD changer indgangen og muliggør betjening af iPod’ens playliste 1-6 direkte fra radioen/ratbetjeningen.

And translated:

Connects2 Plug&play Ipod interface, which plugs directly onto the cars original radio, through the CD changer connection, and enables operating of the Ipod´s play lists 1-6 directly from the radio/steering wheel remote.

If there is any truth to this, I don´t know, but to simplify my question. Does the original cd changer use the AUX?

It also says that the interface is not released untill december ´07.
1,6 HDI 110 Sport.
Jesper Dalsgaard
Petit Félin

Messagepar sten » 19 Décembre 2006, 16:24

Jesper Dalsgaard a écrit:If there is any truth to this, I don´t know, but to simplify my question. Does the original cd changer use the AUX?

In my opinion yes it does. By the way, the 207 RD4 radio has two AUX inputs.

It also says that the interface is not released untill december ´07.

Do you have the interface yet? And what is the price in euro's? I'm interested because the icelink can't be controlled with RD4 (only icelink over aux port).

regards
sten
Nouveau

Messagepar Jesper Dalsgaard » 20 Décembre 2006, 18:08

sten a écrit:
Do you have the interface yet? And what is the price in euro's? I'm interested because the icelink can't be controlled with RD4 (only icelink over aux port).

regards

I do not have it, it isn´t released yet. I will however keep you posted, if I find more info on the interface.

The price in DKR is 1400, and that is around 190euro.
1,6 HDI 110 Sport.
Jesper Dalsgaard
Petit Félin

Messagepar Fredborg » 18 Janvier 2007, 00:38

Here in Denmark, Peugeot is offering to install an audio connection in the glove compartment for DKR 580,-

I had my car delivered with the build-in Bluetooth hands-free option, which just works like a charm :)

Wanting to just place my MP3 player in the glove compartment, I had the audio install made by Peugeot Roskilde - it took them more than 2 hours?!? (feels like a LOOONG time when you are waiting around drinking lousy coffee *S*)

The install worked perfectly - simply a stereo mini-jack to just plug into the headphone jack on the MP3 player - hit the source button on the RD4 and choose AUX

Enjoying my music from the player on the road back home, I used the steering wheel control to dial one of my friends - all seemed to work - phonebook coming up in the central display etc - but when dialing, nothing happened in the car, even though the phone appeared to make the call!! My friend heard everything in the other end, just no audio coming through the car speakers - music just kept playing...

I figured Peugeot had forgot some sort of mute cable, so I went straight back to the workshop, where they took the car in immediately - 10 minutes later they came back to me and told me, that the audio connection could not be fitted when there was an onboard Bluetooth connected - the mechanic had simply disconnected my fairly expensive hands free without even asking me... All in all I used more than 4 hours without getting what I was looking for...

Most disappointing to watch the mechanic trying to re-enable my hands free via his laptop while complaining that the programming software were all in French and that nobody in the workshop understood the language?!?

Anyways, it seems to me like there must only be one AUX connector on the VDO RD4??? Or should I simply try another workshop??

Cheers,

Jan
Fredborg
Nouveau

Messagepar Jesper Dalsgaard » 18 Janvier 2007, 17:10

Your car is a GT, right?

Then it should have the RD4 N2, which has 2 AUX connections.

I have just fitted the AUX-connection to mine (didn´t take me nearly 2 hours, and i´m am not a Peugeot mechanic). In the instructions it clearly states that if the radio is a N1 it cannot be combined with OEM Bluetooth, and if the radio is a N2, the AUX-cable is to be connected to a different set of connectors. Furthermore there is a difference in the changes that has to be made with PPS.

Du kan også få den på dansk hvis du er interesseret, bare sig til... ;)
1,6 HDI 110 Sport.
Jesper Dalsgaard
Petit Félin

Messagepar Fredborg » 18 Janvier 2007, 20:28

Hej Jesper - tak for svaret :) Nope, det er en S16 - lidt samme historie som dig - skulle have været radioen med MP3 understøttelse, men den blev leveret uden - altså med VDO fremfor Blaupunkt - ved ikke lige hvilken der er N1 og N2??

Da jeg i den korte tid havde adgang til mit audio-stik, stod der Input 1 i displayet...??
Fredborg
Nouveau

Messagepar Fredborg » 18 Janvier 2007, 20:30

PS.. hvad er PPS??
Fredborg
Nouveau

Messagepar tiger » 18 Janvier 2007, 21:26

ouf, du danois maintenant ..... english section please ....
avant : 207 3p sport pack 110ch gris manitoba
maintenant : 207 CC RG VTI120ch gris ermitage
tiger
Floodeur acharné
Floodeur acharné

Messagepar Jesper Dalsgaard » 19 Janvier 2007, 00:01

PPS is the program that Peugeot use to configure the settings of the BSI (styreboksen).

With the N1 (the one that doesn´t support MP3), it is not possible to have both OEM Bluetooth and make use of the AUX-in.

In Denmark the Bluetooth option should go hand in hand with the N2 (MP3 compatibility).
1,6 HDI 110 Sport.
Jesper Dalsgaard
Petit Félin

Messagepar Fredborg » 20 Janvier 2007, 15:00

Yep - I know - it was also what I expected to have - but finding out that MP3 was not supported, I contacted the dealer, who said this was due to me ordering the Bluetooth option only 1,5 months ahead of delivery - I read somewhere on this forum that changing the unit to the mp3-enabled type gave some very lousy FM reception, so I'm quite hesitant to do that - think I'll try using a FM transmitter instead...

But thanks for the info on the PPS etc :)

Can't help feeling like I bought a very good car from a company with very lousy customer relations... :unsure:
Fredborg
Nouveau

Messagepar Jesper Dalsgaard » 20 Janvier 2007, 21:40

Fredborg a écrit:Can't help feeling like I bought a very good car from a company with very lousy customer relations... :unsure:

So true...
1,6 HDI 110 Sport.
Jesper Dalsgaard
Petit Félin

Retourner vers The English 207 board !