Taking delivery of new 207 - what should I know?

English-speaking 207 fans are welcome in our forums !

Modérateur: Team Féline 207

Taking delivery of new 207 - what should I know?

Messagepar fred » 17 Février 2007, 20:34

I am taking delivery of a new 207 GT HDI (5 door) in few weeks in England. What should I check? I do not think that I can do a proper inspection on the same day, so what is the most important? Is the spare wheel an alloy 17" 'Hockenheim' or just a normal, full size steal wheel? Do you get anything except for the instructions and service books? I never bought a new car in England and don't really know how it works. Do you get full tank of diesel?

Thank you.
fred
Nouveau

Messagepar NeXiTiOn » 21 Février 2007, 11:00

yes the spare wheel is a 17" 'Hockenheim, and normally its not fully fueled else the dealer will tell u the rest ;)

GL with ur new car :)
NeXiTiOn
Nouveau

Messagepar fred » 22 Février 2007, 22:32

Thank you. I am not sure what to look for. My dealer seems fine but you never know ... will update you when time comes.
fred
Nouveau

Messagepar tiger » 22 Février 2007, 22:52

Hi fred.....is it your first car ?
Well when I got my new car, I checked first if all my options are on it, and fonctioning..... Then I look around the car for eventually scratchs or knoks... we never know.

Normally the tank is filled enough to rush into the first gas station nearby.....
avant : 207 3p sport pack 110ch gris manitoba
maintenant : 207 CC RG VTI120ch gris ermitage
tiger
Floodeur acharné
Floodeur acharné

Messagepar fred » 22 Février 2007, 23:33

Thanks. This is our first new car - we had some second hand (used) but never brand new. We decided to go for GT as it had all the extras we wanted: glass roof, air-conditioning, stronger diesel engine, ESP. We added another £1000 and got even more as bonus - quite a few extras are included in GT model. We still went for an upgrade with parking sensors (don't ask) and cruise control.

I am not worried about equipment not working (well, not much) as this will be under guaranty - scratches/damage and missing equipment which I do not know I should have are the problem. For example, is my spare wheel supposed to have a tire-pressure sensor?

Do you in France, Spain, Germany... get spare light-bulbs, first-aid and warning triangle with the car for free?

And what do you do with Hockenheim wheels in snow? You cannot use snow chains? Any experiences?
fred
Nouveau

Messagepar tiger » 22 Février 2007, 23:48

fred a écrit:
Do you in France, Spain, Germany... get spare light-bulbs, first-aid and warning triangle with the car for free?

Well this is a difficult question, as legistations are not the same. In France for example, all of the above aren't obligatory, but recommanded.;;
In belgium, they are obligatory. But not free for my case ( 35 euro). But I still got it free from my dealer.
tiger
Floodeur acharné
Floodeur acharné

Messagepar Geo » 23 Février 2007, 13:53

Hiii ! Nice to meet you my english speaking friends ! How is your two hundred and seven ? :oops:
Geo
Félin
Félin

Messagepar fred » 23 Février 2007, 15:06

Hi, mine should be somewhere in Calais waiting for delivery. I imagine it being dumped in a massive parking lot with an 18 year old in charge of "driving" it around and onto a transport truck/train/ferry. Will let you know in two-three weeks.
fred
Nouveau

Messagepar NeXiTiOn » 24 Février 2007, 20:44

Dont use ur Hockeheim in snow.. the salt from the roads will destroy em, get some winther tires instead :) I bought some winther 17" alloys with nano protection ^^
NeXiTiOn
Nouveau

Messagepar alex24 » 24 Février 2007, 23:02

Hello.

I took delivery of my new 207 GT last September and have been really happy with it.

About the tyre pressure sensors - my handbook says that the spare wheel is not fitted with a sensor.

Speaking of wheels, make sure you check them for signs of damage - I have recently had mine re-painted under warranty after spotting that they appeared to have been repaired badly before delivery. Additionally, take care with the GT wheels anyway - they are very easy to knock on kerbs!

Otherwise, most things should be fine. But given that it's a 207 you're getting, check that the electric windows open and close fully with no hesitation. I'd also check that the service book you are given is the correct book for your car - when I received mine I was told that the latest books, with latest service intervals, had not been printed yet.

Enjoy!

Alex.
alex24
Nouveau

Messagepar alex24 » 24 Février 2007, 23:11

Oh, and I just realised you'd asked about the GT's wheels in snow. After a trip to Scotland a couple of weeks ago, I can confirm that they're not bad. Depending on the conditions, you'll need to take care with the ESP - in deep snow you'll get a lot further with it switched off.

Alex.
alex24
Nouveau

Messagepar tiger » 24 Février 2007, 23:15

very nice pic. of a 207 in the snow Alex. How do you keep it so clean in the muddy snow ?
tiger
Floodeur acharné
Floodeur acharné

Messagepar alex24 » 24 Février 2007, 23:29

Thanks.

I take quite good care of it, and the wet roads wash off a lot of the dirt thanks to the wax I use. It's not actually very clean if you look closely!

Alex.
alex24
Nouveau

Messagepar fred » 04 Mars 2007, 23:12

NeXiTiOn and Alex24, thanks for advice. I am not very likely to use the car in snow - we use an old banger for skiing trips. No ESP. See how much fun in the night snow on a frozen mountain road? Hope this link will work - if not, I'll have to work on my posting skills.
http://img443.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 010ut0.jpg

If we do take the GT into some proper snow, will definitely buy second-hand cheap wheels with winter tyres.
So far we are planing to use it for a summer drive to Italy so I guess protecting the paint from pine trees sap will be the most important task! Will have to buy some kind of cover...

Thanks for advice about wheels, windows and the service-book.
fred
Nouveau

Messagepar fred » 05 Mars 2007, 01:04

Ah, another question - just remembered: I am thinking of few extras/accessories and would appreciate your comments. Do you have/use or at least have an opinion about:
1. Mudflaps (plastic original 207 ones not the standard "curtain" type) - any use of them?
2. Rear window sunblind - any good?
3.Headlamp guards - are they very obvious when fixed onto the lights? useful?
fred
Nouveau

Retourner vers The English 207 board !