Off Topic, translation needed!

English-speaking 207 fans are welcome in our forums !

Modérateur: Team Féline 207

Messagepar FELS » 15 Octobre 2007, 04:53

ok, but in Singapore, Peugeots are marketed as premium quality cars.
With the current conversion rate, the costs of buying a peugeot is approximately ...
107 is sold at about EU25,000 on the road.
207 VTI 120 is sold at about EU35,000 on the road.
207 GTI is sold at about EU48,000 on the road.
307cc is sold at about EU55,000 on the road.

No choice, the local government taxes heavily on the cars. With COE (Certificate of entitlement) covering about EU7,000 already. Insurance is about EU800 for new buyers. Road tax at EU400/annum.

Petrol at S$2.00/L for a RON98 premium fuel. Even the lower graded RON95 petrol is also S$1.80/L

Car population is very scarce in Singapore.
According to the Singaporean one motoring website
http://www.lta.gov.sg/corp_info/corp_pr ... hicles.htm

There're only 472308 private cars in Singapore in 2006. We have about 3million people in Singapore. It's only about 15% of the population. Amongst the car population, Peugeot only stands 0.5%
That means only 0.08% of the Singaporean population drives a Peugeot. How're the numbers compared to France?

I remembered in 2002 when I was already hooked with the Peugeot 206 1.4 Manual (because Peugeot ruled in WRC during that era), it costed about S$80K+ which is about EU40,000!!! Time flies and the prices of COE dropped drastically to the current approx. EU7,000. Else before 2005, COE in Singapore can easily cost EU15,000!!! A piece of paper can buy you a car!
Peugeot is the brand to trust for life.
FELS
Nouveau

Messagepar FELS » 16 Octobre 2007, 04:57

My Peugeot 207 in Malaysia along the vastly used North-South Highway. The main highway of Malaysia which joins the western part of Malaysia together. A notorious highway in the tropical country where many are killed. I lost 2 friends here over the past few years They didn't look out and maintained their bikes in proper conditioned and sped to their deaths.
But many of us feel like caged rabbits in Singapore. So the moment many Singaporeans cross the customs, it will be as though 'Unleash The Beasts Within'.

Tried out my top speed here. The disappointing 4 speed gearbox only limited my top speed to 170km/h. But compensates with superb handling in the small roads. The traction control really helps with the Malaysian road condition. But the suspensions feels rather soft. Still waiting for Sachs to develop the winning products. Hopefully there will be in the next few months. The acceleration with 2nd gear >4000rpm to 4th gear is reasonable for a 1.6L Normal aspirated car. It will be better with the 5 speed manual.
Peugeot is the brand to trust for life.
FELS
Nouveau

Messagepar Marc » 17 Octobre 2007, 00:26

nice car :)
Thanks for the summary.
Indeed, the gearbox leave some improvement possibilities, but we still can try to accomodate ;-)
207 Platinum THP ° Bleu Montebello ° 5 portes ° TVP ° Cuir / tissu noir ° Navigation RT3 couleur ° JBL ° Ch. 5CD ° RP alu
Membre des Montebello Boys
:star:
Marc
Lionceau
Lionceau

Précédente

Retourner vers The English 207 board !