Tourqe for tire change??

English-speaking 207 fans are welcome in our forums !

Modérateur: Team Féline 207

Tourqe for tire change??

Messagepar Gunpowderboy » 28 Mars 2008, 00:23

Anyone know what torque to use when putting on the 17" Hockenheim (or however you spell it) rims on the 207cc? I read in a thread that someone used 100Nm, but that seems very low.

Here in Geneva it's summer tire time... :D
Gunpowderboy
Nouveau

Re: Tourqe for tire change??

Messagepar FELS » 28 Mars 2008, 11:43

Gunpowderboy a écrit:Anyone know what torque to use when putting on the 17" Hockenheim (or however you spell it) rims on the 207cc? I read in a thread that someone used 100Nm, but that seems very low.

Here in Geneva it's summer tire time... :D

I think you should be refering to my thread.

The actual torque range supplied by the Singaporean Peugeot Agent Workshop was 95Nm ~ 105Nm

So getting it at 100Nm will be just right giving +-5Nm for torque wrench calibration error.

I'm using 16inch OE BBS rims. Been running with 100Nm for more than 10000km and nothing wrong. So I don't think the agent is trying to smoke me.

Do not over tighten. As overtightening it can damage your rims and the brake disc assembly. as seen in the following pic of the front wheel assembly, the brake disc is together.
By overtightening it, you can risk breaking your wheel bolts and your wheell will dislodge. Get your torque wrench calibrated before doing it if your torque wrench is old.
In my previous workshop where I worked, I seen several wheel dislodge cases whereby the nuts have overtightened on the studs that the studs broke and the wheel dislodged. Lost quite some money there on compensation to the customers.
Peugeot is the brand to trust for life.
FELS
Nouveau

Retourner vers The English 207 board !